Want a Student glow up?
Table of Contents
Most of the time when discussions about glow-up come up, it always has to do about a physical glow-up like How to look prettier, How to be more feminine, etc. I am a huge fan of glow-up challenges and How to become that girl but how about we apply these glow-up challenges to other aspects of our lives?
In this post, I’m going to be sharing my top tips on how to have the best student glow up. These tips have helped me to get A’s, stress less about finals, and become more organized and productive. if I can do it, then you certainly can as well.
Without any further delay, let’s get into it:
Know your whys
This is the most important step. You have to have a strong reason behind your glow-up. Why do you want to become a better student? Once you know your reasons, this will help you to know the actions you need to take to help you achieve your goals and will also serve as a motivation for you on days you need it.
When I had my first student glow up, my whys were just two;
- I wanted to get better grades
- I wanted to become more organized
After figuring out my whys, I went ahead and set some goals for myself
I love goal setting. There is just something about setting goals and watching yourself achieve them. You need to set goals in line with your whys.
When it comes to goal setting, it’s important to set SMART goals and not overwhelm yourself. Since you’re just starting your student glow up journey, start with just 2-3 goals.
For me, my goals were
- Study every day for at least an hour
- Pack my bag the night before
- Sleep before 11:30 pm
As you can see, my goals are related to my whys.
Students love to set daily, weekly, and monthly goals. As someone passionate about goal setting, I realized that setting monthly goals and then having a daily routine works best for me. You should try it out as well. Set monthly goals (tip: break them down into categories Eg personal, school, spiritual), and then create a daily routine that will help you work on them daily even if it doesn’t seem like a lot.
Talking about planning…
In case you don’t know, I have the BEST notion templates for the students. I love notion and I have created the best notion template for students. My popular template so far is the 2023 dream life notion template. You can check it out here.
Have a consistent morning and night routine
I can’t stress this enough, have a consistent morning and night routine. This will help you ALOT in becoming organized and productive. I won’t talk much about this because I have written detailed posts about how to create a healthy morning routine, The morning routine that changed my life, and My 6 am summer morning routine. Make sure you check them out.
Have a study schedule
This is probably one of the best things you can do for yourself as a student. Having a study schedule was one of the best decisions I have ever made and it’s so easy to create one and maintain. Here are some of the reasons why you need a study schedule:
- It helps you to stay organized with your studies
- It makes sure you’re prioritizing every single course
- It actually motivates you to study daily
- It helps you to stay focused while studying
Reduce your screen time
We spend an insane amount of time on our phones and time is the most valuable and limited resource we have. Every minute you spend is gone and will never come back so why not spend it wisely?
There are so many ways to reduce your screen time but here are the ones that have worked really well for me
- Limit the amount of time you spend on each app daily. Apple has an amazing feature where you can set the amount of time you want to spend on each app and have the app locked once you’ve exhausted that time. Although you can unlock it anytime, the guilt will stop you from doing so.
- Have no screen time times during the day. Set times when you won’t use your phone and do something instead.
- Delete the app. If you find that you can’t help yourself but scroll mindlessly for hours, consider deleting the app. I once did a 30-day no social media challenge and it absolutely changed my life. At the end of the day, you will realize that you don’t need these apps, you can actually live without them and you will find out that you’re much happier. Delete the app if that will help you to focus more on your studies.
Having a hobby as a student is so important. It’s such a perfect way to relax after a long study session and it keeps your creative juices flowing.
I started this blog as a hobby and it’s so crazy how it’s slowly turning into my business. I love it so much because I get to learn something new frequently.
Make a list of things you think you might enjoy and try them. It could be painting, baking, crocheting, etc. School should not just be about studying only, you should be learning different things as well. It’s all about balance
Final thoughts on how to have the best student glow up
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did while writing. Will be trying this easy Student glow-up challenge? Let me know in the comments
Make sure you go check out the other posts I linked in this post because they will help you a lot in your student glow up journey.