Best Korean cleansing balms
Table of Contents
if you still don’t double cleanse, you’re missing out! My skin literally transformed the moment I started double cleansing.
What is double cleansing?
Double cleansing is a skincare technique that involves two consecutive cleansing steps. Initially, an oil-based cleanser or a cleansing balm is used to break down and remove makeup, sunscreen, and excess oils from the skin’s surface. Following that, a water-based cleanser is applied to deeply clean the skin, removing impurities and residues, resulting in a more thorough and effective cleansing routine.
I have already shared the best Korean cleansing oils out there and today, I am going to be sharing the best Korean cleansing balms. But what’s the difference?
Cleansing balms and cleansing oils are skincare products designed for makeup removal and impurity cleansing. Balms have a solid form that transforms into an oily texture upon skin contact, typically composed of oils, waxes, and emulsifying agents. In contrast, oils are initially in liquid form and primarily composed of various oils. Balms are well-suited for dry or sensitive skin, while oils offer versatility for various skin types. Both effectively eliminate makeup, with balms being neater during application.
I love how a cleansing balm feels on my skin and how easy it makes removing waterproof makeup so I’m going to be sharing my top picks. Let’s get into it
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links
Best Korean cleansing balms
- Heimish All clean balm
- Banila Co. Clean it zero cleansing balm
- Beauty of Joseon Radiance Cleansing Balm
- Pyunkang Yul deep clear cleansing balm
- Numbuzin No.3 Pore & Makeup Cleansing Balm With Green Tea And Charcoal
Heimish All clean balm
This was the very first Korean cleansing balm I’ve ever come across and it’s still so popular as long as the best Korean cleansing balms are mentioned. Upon contact with water, the balm-like texture transforms into an oil cleanser, effectively removing heavy makeup without causing any pulling or skin dehydration. It’s gentle on sensitive skin thanks to hypoallergenic ingredients such as shea butter, citrus herbs, fruits, and extracts from white flowers.
Furthermore, I found the design of the Heimish container more appealing, particularly due to the additional plastic cover. This extra layer serves a dual purpose – it allows you to store the spatula within the container and also prevents it from coming into direct contact with the product. All things considered, I wholeheartedly recommend this product.
Banila Co. Clean it zero cleansing balm
This is one of the best Korean cleansing balms out there. This hypoallergenic cleanser is presented in a solid balm form that swiftly transforms into a silky oil upon contact with the skin. Its gentle and lightweight formula effectively dissolves makeup and eliminates impurities without depriving the skin of essential oils. Enriched with papaya and acerola extracts, it provides natural exfoliation and brightening benefits through Vitamin C. It is suitable for normal, oily, dry, and combination skin types.
Beauty of Joseon Radiance Cleansing Balm
I absolutely love the beauty of Joseon brand and this is also another great product from the brand.
The RENEWED Radiance Cleansing Balm now features an enhanced formula and packaging. This sherbet-textured cleansing balm effortlessly melts away all makeup and impurities without causing eye irritation. It’s enriched with nourishing Rice Bran Water and Grain Extract, providing deep moisture and a radiant complexion, leaving your skin hydrated and clear. I love how the cleansing balm also comes with a spatula which keeps everything hygienic.
Pyunkang Yul deep clear cleansing balm
The packaging is so freaking cute!
This deep cleansing balm is packed with plant-derived ingredients known for their hydrating and soothing properties, including green tea seed oil and rice bran oil. It effectively removes makeup and impurities, leaving the skin cleansed, refreshed, and moisturized.
Key features of this product include:
- Tea tree extract and centella extract, help calm the skin, promoting a healthy appearance.
- Macadamia seed oil and sunflower seed oil provide nourishment and moisture to the skin.
- Moisture is boosted by ceramide, panthenol, and hyaluronic acid, which strengthen the skin’s moisture barrier.
- The balm also contains eggplant extract and licorice root extract to promote skin smoothness and brightness.
- It has been clinically tested for skin irritation, ensuring its suitability for sensitive skin.
The cleansing balm has a really nice floral scent so keep that in mind if you don’t want fragrance in your products.
Numbuzin No.3 Pore & Makeup Cleansing Balm With Green Tea And Charcoal
Numbuzin is a brand I have grown to love and this is also another great product from the brand.
This cleansing balm is highly effective at completely removing heavy makeup and cleansing away impurities while maintaining the skin’s moisture balance. Enriched with green tea-derived ingredients and charcoal powder, it helps unclog pores and eliminate excess sebum, resulting in smoother and clearer skin. It’s also suitable for sensitive skin, making it a versatile choice for various skin types.
The texture of this product is light, smooth, and buttery, with a green color. It has a subtle fragrance that is not overpowering and dissipates quickly after washing, making it suitable for those who prefer fragrance-free products as it doesn’t linger on the skin.
How to use a cleansing balm the right way
To get the most out of your cleansing balm, make sure you are using it the right way. Here’s how:
- Start with dry hands and a dry face.
- Scoop out a small amount of cleansing balm (usually a pea-sized amount is enough).
- Gently massage the balm onto your dry face using circular motions. Concentrate on areas with makeup or sunscreen. As you massage, the balm will transform into an oily texture, effectively breaking down makeup and impurities.
- wet your hands slightly with lukewarm water and continue massaging your face. This step emulsifies the balm, turning it into a milky consistency, which helps lift away the dissolved makeup and dirt.
- Rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water until all the cleansing balm and impurities are washed away.
- Follow up with a gentle water-based cleanser as the next step, especially if you have oily or acne-prone skin.
- After cleansing, pat your face dry with a clean towel. Avoid rubbing, as it can be harsh on the skin.
- Proceed with your regular skincare routine, including toner, serums, moisturizer, and sunscreen during the day.
This routine ensures that your skin is thoroughly cleansed, and ready to absorb the benefits of your skincare products.
Final thoughts on the best Korean cleansing balms
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did while writing it. Do you have a cleansing balm in your current skincare routine? Let me know in the comments.