Best Korean brightening serums
Table of Contents
A brightening serum is a skincare product designed to help improve the appearance of dull, uneven skin tones and promote a brighter complexion. It typically contains a combination of active ingredients that target various factors contributing to skin discoloration, such as hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and uneven skin tone.
When it comes to finding and buying the right brightening serum, always look for the serums with any of the key ingredients:
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid): Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that helps to inhibit the production of melanin, the pigment responsible for dark spots and uneven skin tone. It also promotes collagen synthesis, resulting in improved skin texture and radiance. Check out my post on the Best Korean vitamin C serums for more.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3): Niacinamide is known for its brightening and skin tone-evening effects. It helps to suppress the transfer of melanin to skin cells, reducing the appearance of hyperpigmentation and promoting a more even complexion. Here is a post all about the Best Korean Niacinamide serums in the market today.
- Arbutin: Arbutin is a natural skin brightener derived from the bearberry plant. It inhibits tyrosinase, an enzyme responsible for melanin production, and helps fade dark spots and even out skin tone.
- Licorice Extract: Licorice extract contains a compound called Glabridin, which has skin-brightening properties. It helps to inhibit tyrosinase activity and reduce melanin production, leading to a brighter complexion.
- Kojic Acid: Derived from mushrooms or rice, kojic acid is known for its skin-lightening properties. It inhibits tyrosinase, reducing melanin production and helping to fade dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
- Mulberry Extract: Mulberry extract contains arbutin, as well as other skin-brightening compounds. It helps inhibit melanin synthesis, reducing the appearance of dark spots and promoting a more even skin tone.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps protect the skin from environmental damage and promotes a healthier complexion. It can also help to fade hyperpigmentation and improve skin tone.
- Retinol: Retinol, a form of vitamin A, has multiple benefits for the skin, including brightening effects. It promotes cell turnover, stimulates collagen production, and helps fade dark spots and discoloration. Here are some of my favorite Korean retinol products for beginners.
There are many more amazing ingredients out there that can help you to brighten the skin but these are a few great options to get started with.
In this post, I will be sharing some of the best Korean brightening serums in each of the categories mentioned above. They are very effective yet so affordable
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links
Best Korean Brightening Serums
Goodal Green Tangerine Vita C Dark Spot Care Serum
This is The upgraded version of Green Tangerine Vita C Dark Spot Serum, which offers 10 times more upgraded Vita C brightening effect. It’s formulated with 70% fresh green tangerine extract, 4% niacinamide, and ascorbyl glucoside, a vitamin C derivative that is highly stable and gentle on the skin.
It’s a great serum for sensitive skin and a lot have claimed to see improvement just after 2 weeks of use and over 4 million bottles have been sold already.
It’s clear and has a nice citrusy scent that disappears almost immediately and a little goes a long way. Of course, you get a nice glow from it.
Beauty of Joseon glow serum
This glow serum is enriched with 60% propolis extract and 2% niacinamide. It has a Rich, honey-like texture that provides deep hydration for the skin, leaving a dewy finish with no sticky after-feel. It Helps to control sebum secretion, refine pores and brighten skin while providing anti-inflammatory properties to effectively treat acne problems. It has the right amount of niacinamide which makes it great even for those with sensitive skin. I still don’t know which one I love more between this and the beauty of Joseon glow deep serum From this brand.
Hada Labo Shirojyun Premium Whitening Lotion
I know this isn’t a serum but I just had to include it here. This is one of the best arbutin-infused products out there. It has an Essence-like formula that penetrates deep into the skin and suppresses melanin production to prevent freckles and sun spots from forming, all to treat sun-damaged skin. This magic Lotion delivers hydration while enhancing skin radiance with white tranexamic acid (a brightening ingredient with anti-inflammatory properties), two kinds of hyaluronic acid, a Vitamin C derivative, and Vitamin E. A must-have in my opinion!
Some by Mi Yuja Niacin Anti Blemish Serum
This serum brightens dull and uneven skin tones by targeting blemishes, freckles, and pigmentation to create a fresh and dewy complexion. It is Formulated with yuja extract and niacinamide for brightening and moisturizing effects, glutathione and arbutin to lighten dark spots and prevent melanin pigment production, as well as 12 types of vitamins to revitalize and relieve dull and stressed skin. Made free of artificial ingredients and fragrances, this lightweight, non-sticky serum contains 100% natural oil and organic Yuja peel oil fragrance that’s suitable for sensitive skin.
AXIS-Y- Dark spot correcting glow serum
Axis-y-dark spot correcting glow serum is a niacinamide-based serum that corrects dark spots and improves uneven skin tone. It contains 6 types of botanical ingredients such as extracts of calendula, papaya fruit, and sea buckthorn. It has a nice texture and the tube comes with a pump which is very nice because a little goes a long way.
Thanks to the plant-derived squalane, this serum retains moisture to keep your skin glowing while fighting off your dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Definitely recommend this as long as you’re ready and willing to be patient for the results.
Final thoughts on the best Korean brightening serums
I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did while writing it. Have you tried any of the Korean brightening serums above? Let me know in the comments section.
This post was all about the best Korean brightening serums