Dark circles are terrible! They are something almost everybody has. It makes us look very tired,even after having good 8 hours of sleep. Everyday, people are searching for remedies, creams or serum that will help them get rid of dark circles but at the end, are they effective?
What are dark circles?
I don’t personally think there is a correct and complete definition of dark circles. They are simply dark blemishes around the eyes.
Causes of dark circles.
I feel like the major cause of dark circles is Allergies. I had an allergy that made me to be rubbing and scratching the skin around my eyes. Before I knew it, the affected area became really dark and the discoloration between the area around my eyes and my face was very noticeable. Being a very self-conscious person, I knew I had to do something about it.
Other causes can be:
-iron deficiency:when you don’t have enough oxygen reaching the body tissues.
-fatigue: not having enough sleep.
-Aging: the older you get,the more your skin loses collagen,becoming thinner and more translucent.
* You should always treat your allergies properly.
* Mild iron deficiency can be prevented or corrected by eating iron-rich foods and by cooking in an iron skillet. Two major sources are red meat and poultry.
* Sleep well. A good 8 hours of sleep is important.
Even after treatment, the affected area remains dark.what I’m about to share with you is what I did to get rid of the darkness around my eyes:
Cucumbers are so effective when it comes to treating dark circles. You must have seen ladies placing cucumber slices on their eyes either in movies or commercials. They are there for a reason!
I personally don’t like placing cucumber slices on my eyes because I feel like the juice doesn’t hit the affected area. So I came up with my own way of getting the juices to finally reach my skin. I call it the cucumber juiced pad.
I know it sounds so weird but what’s weird is that it works better than just placing cucumber slices.
How to make the cucumber juiced pad.
You will need:
1. A cucumber
2. Round cotton pads(they are available in any drugstore)
3. A blender
4. A small drainer
5. A small bowl
6. A clean tray.
1. Chop a cucumber into small pieces
2. Put everything into a blender and blend properly until it looks like a smoothie
3. Empty the content into the small drainer and press with a spoon to extract the juice in a clean bowl.
4. Arrange your cotton pads on a plastic tray and then pour the extracted juice carefully on each one till it is completely soaked. Be careful not to over soak it.
5. Place the tray into a fridge or a freezer to cool it. Don’t freeze it.
6. Remove and allow to sit for a few minutes.
7. Your cucumber juiced pads are ready!
I love how it feels on my eyes. Its soo refreshing and relaxing. The reason why you should always cool the pads before application is that the coldness reduces puffiness of the eyes. How about that? Killing two birds with one stone. I sometimes add TWO tiny drops of lemon into the mixture as I feel like it help the area to brighthen up quickly.
I put these pads on every single day in the morning for about 10-15 minutes. It feels so nice that I almost always drift back to sleep. Seriously, you need to try them out. And guess who is dark-circle free now? Me. You can also say Bye-Bye to those panda eyes by trying it out.
Since I put them on everyday, I won’t have the time to be blending every single morning so I Make enough that will last me for the whole week. If you are wondering how I store them, I place the cucumber juiced pad neatly in ziplocks and store them in the fridge where I’m sure they won’t freeze. So every morning, I have chilled cucumber juiced pads waiting for me.
I also apply almond oil mixed with vitamin E oil after removing the pads and I am sure they contributed in erasing them. I also started drinking enough water and I noticed my skin became more hydrated and radiant so stay hydrated!
I tried to be as detailed as possible in this post.
I really hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Comment down your own remedies of treating dark circles.