When I was talking about things I wished I knew before going to college, I forgot to add this one. Having a morning routine for school is very important and here are a few reasons to convince you.
Why having a morning routine for school is important
If you don’t have a morning routine yet, you are probably wondering why you should have one and if having one is even important. Here are a few things you should know:
* First of all, having a morning routine will help you sleep better. Why? Because when you know that you need to be up so early in the morning, it will motivate you to sleep earlier. When I’m at home during holidays, I stay up till 3 am sometimes which is very unhealthy but once I’m back to school, by 9:30 pm, I’m fast asleep already making sure I do these 10 things every night.
* A great morning routine will lead you to be more productive. It has been scientifically proven that we get things done faster and easier when we do them early in the morning and not later in the night.
* Your skin will thank you. Believe it or not, our skin starts looking better when we’re getting At least 8 good hours of sleep. But sleeping early is not enough, make sure you’re doing your skincare routine regularly and following this skincare advice.
* When you have a morning routine, you will be less stressed out in the morning. You already know what you’re meant to do.
That’s more than enough to convince so now let’s make you a morning routine for school. You don’t want to do a lot of things in the morning so to make that happen. Make sure you check you get some things done the night before. This post about things you need to do the night before college will surely help you.
The perfect morning routine for any student
1. Wake up and sit on your bed for a while. This is meant for a reboot. Tell yourself you’ve got this and leave the bed.
2. Make your bed immediately. If you don’t do it now, you probably won’t do it later.
3. Do some stretching and stay hydrated. This helps you to become fully awake and taking water first thing in the morning is very good for your body.
4. Pray. Make sure you pray every single morning. Ask God to help you through your day. I love to meditate afterward and it has changed me a lot.
5. Shower and brush your teeth.
6. Do your skincare routine, apply makeup ( if you like to do that), and style your hair/hijab. Wear your outfit of the day(that you have selected the night before).
7. Eat breakfast. Don’t skip breakfast for any reason, it’s not worth it. If you’re rich, you can grab your breakfast and coffee/tea on your way to school but you’re trying to save money like me, then I will advise you to make it yourself. If you will Iove to know my favorite fast breakfast ideas, let me know and I will make a whole post about that.
8. Quickly cross-check your backpack, wear your shoes, and go out there and make a difference.
9. Wear sunscreen, stay out of trouble, and be kind to everyone.
And that’s it. I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did while writing it. This morning routine is meant for weekdays and you’re free to add/remove anything you want. If you want to know what I do every Saturday, then click here.
I know you have a few more minutes to spare on this site so check out more college-related posts:
- 10 college apps every student needs
- How to get straight A’s
- 10 ways you can become a better student this year
- Must have college dorm room essentials
Leave a Reply